After a truck accident we know how devastating injuries can be. If you’ve involved in a truck accident, there are several steps to take in order to get your life back on track.
Reaves Law Firm, PLLC’s top-rated Oakville, TN truck accident lawyers will review your case for free and show you the best options for getting the money you deserve. Our personal injury attorneys will fight for truck accident accident victims and will be your advocate in seeking maximum compensation.
Call today if you’ve been involved in a truck accident!
How Do Truck Accidents Differ From Other Vehicle Accidents?
- Trucks are bigger than a regular vehicle, which means truck accidents and injuries can be much worse than regular vehicle accidents.
- Figuring out the cause of a truck accident can be much more challenging than figuring out the cause of a regular car accident. There are more factors that can contribute to truck accidents, like greater risk of blind spots, slow stopping speeds, and complex mechanics than a regular vehicle accident.
- Figuring out the responsible party for victims injuries can be challenging when it comes to truck accidents. Trucks have several responsible parties involved such as the driver of the truck, those responsible for loading cargo, and those who take care of the trucks maintenance. Therefore trying to figure out what caused the accident could fall on any of these parties, and trying to solve who is responsible can be tricky.
- Truck drivers have higher standards and burdens when it comes to operating a truck. Truck drivers are required to have extensive training before being allowed to drive a big truck. They must also adhere to high standards in daily operation. When drivers fall short of these requirements, it may be strong evidence of their liability for the accident.
An Oakville, TN commercial truck accident attorney can help you navigate this complex area of law.
Evidence Needed for Truck Crashes
Having evidence after or even during a truck accident can be important when it comes to truck accident claims. The following ways are great ways to gather evidence after a truck accident:
- Observations and documentation from investigating law enforcement officers
- Photographs of the truck accident scene
- Statements by the truck driver
- Statements of other witnesses at the scene
- Observations of emergency responders
- Documentation of injuries by medical care providers
- Medical expert opinions about the long-term prognosis of the accident victim
- Records of hiring, training, and employment practices of the trucking company
- Disciplinary records or official motor vehicle records for the driver
- Accident reconstruction to show how the crash happened
- Substance abuse testing results and alcohol testing records
- Black box data from the truck itself
There might also be documents that you are unaware of that can assist you with your case. For instance, any records indicating poor truck maintenance, failure to respond to DOT alerts, or employee records showing the driver may have driven for an excessive amount of time without rest. Any of this documentation could help your claim and make you eligible for compensation. An Oakville, TN attorney can take the lead in gathering important evidence following a semi-truck wreck.
Compensation for a Commercial Vehicle Collision
You should be eligible for compensation from any financial or losses you may have incurred as a result from a truck accident, such as:
- Medical Expenses From Injuries
- Cost of future treatments
- Lost wages, due to no being able to work
- Reduced earning capacity for the future
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering from the accident
An Oakville, TN attorney from our firm can ensure that your settlement demand adequately reflects your losses following a truck wreck.
Causes of Big Rig Wrecks
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Improper merging or failing to signal
- Failing to stop at a traffic light or stop sign / failure to yield
- Driving under the influence
- Getting too little rest or fatigued driving
- Distracted driving like texting, talking on a radio, or talking on the phone
- Insecure load / heavy load
- Negligent hiring or management of drivers
- Failing to address mechanical problems
- Not taking precautions given weather or road conditions
- Aggressive driving
- Truck malfunction
Let an Oakville, TN Truck Accident Attorney Assist You
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, we want to help you. Call our team at Reaves Law Firm, PLLC today. Our Oakville, TN truck accident lawyers have the skill and the resources to fight for your rights. Call us to set up a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.