After being in a horrible accident, you can find yourself in a lot of trouble. You’re struggling with not only physical injuries, but also the burden of rehab, being unable to function, and financial difficulties. We understand that the responsible party must make it right, and if they do not, we will be there for you. We want to advocate for you and get you the compensation you deserve. Contact our legal team right away!
Our Cordova personal injury lawyers have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of accident victims. No case is too small or too large for our experienced team to handle. We’ll work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. In our search of justice on your behalf, we have the skills and resources to take on every business and large insurance companies.
Our initial consultation is free, so don’t hesitate to call us. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning you won’t owe us anything until we win money for you.
Proving Negligence in Personal Injury Claim
Personal injury claims all depend on who is at fault. In order to qualify for a personal injury claim, you must prove the following:
- The defendant owed a duty of care to you.
- The defendant did not take proper care and breached that duty.
- Any negligence that directly caused your injuries or damages
Common evidence to help support your case that may be used includes:
- Photos from the scene of the accident
- A copy the police reports
- All medical records
- Bills and receipts
- All expert testimony
- Any Witness testimony
Compensation Available to Injured Claimants
Damages are listed in two different categories:
- Actual damages: are intended to restore your life to its pre-injury state. For example, it would include the cost of paying the medical expenses or replacing a vehicle that was totaled in an accident.
- General damages: are considered compensation for non-monetary losses, including pain and suffering, mental anguish, and other more abstract conditions.
Each personal injury case will have its own set of facts and circumstances that will determine the outcome. We will build the case and determine any potential damages at Reaves Law Firm, PLLC. The following are some of the most common types of damages available in personal injury cases:
- Medical expenses: You should be paid for all medical expenses related to your accident. Including things such as doctor bills, prescriptions, and even mileage to/from doctor’s appointments.
- Cost of future medical care: Since some injuries can come with long-term complications that will require more medical care throughout your life, future medical care expenses can be estimated and included in your personal injury settlement.
- Household expenses: Your injuries may require that you make modifications to your home or your lifestyle. Damages for household expenses can cover these costs and others, such as hiring a lawn service or other workers to perform jobs that are now impossible due to your injuries.
- Lost wages: Actual wages lost for your time missed from work can be reimbursed, as well as lost future earnings if your injuries prevent you from returning to your job.
- Loss of services: Your injuries may now prevent you from performing services within your household, like picking up your children from school, cleaning the house, or cooking dinner. These damages seek to compensate the other members of your household for the loss of your services.
- Loss of consortium: This is a legal term for the loss of general companionship provided to a spouse or partner due to injuries. Physical limitations may significantly change personal relationships, and these damages compensate for the loss of intimacy that may be caused by your injuries.
Benefits of a Personal Injury Attorney
We understand how stressful coping with personal injury resulting from an accident can be for you and your family. Count on our knowledgeable attorneys to support you today.
You can depend on our top-rated legal team to:
- Take over all communication with insurance companies, so you are not pressured by tricky or aggressive adjusters
- Initiate investigations into your accident to determine all potentially liable parties
- Document all damages related to your accident and plan for your future by anticipating your long-term care needs
- Handle all the legal aspects of your personal injury case as efficiently as possible
- Manage your claim from start to finish so you can put all of your time and energy into the recovery process
When you file a personal injury lawsuit, you will be working with large insurance agencies. These insurance firms are intelligent businesses who understand the ins and outs of negotiations and would attempt to exploit the victim by manipulating them to accept low settlements. Our attorneys at Reaves Law Firm, PLLC are experienced in dealing with large insurance firms and know what to say and do in order to obtain the highest possible settlement for you. We want to seek justice on your behalf in order to assist you.
We will treat you as though you were a member of our family and will take care of every aspect of your legal claim. We are committed to assisting injured victims. Your first appointment is always free because we are so confident in our services. Please contact us as soon as possible so that we can begin working on your personal injury claim.
What Injuries Could be Grounds for Civil Recourse?
Our personal injury lawyers have assisted individuals who have suffered a variety of bodily injuries. The following are some of the most common injuries that our personal injury lawyers see:
- Broken bones
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Vision/hearing loss
- Loss of limbs
- Internal injuries
- Strains and sprains
These injuries can be the result of:
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Dog bites
- Premises liability
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Car accidents
- Truck crashes
- Motorcycle wrecks
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Aviation disasters
- Medical malpractice
Get in contact with one of Cordova’s Personal Injury Attorneys Today
If you have suffered a personal injury due to the negligence of another party, the skilled attorneys at Reaves Law Firm, PLLC can help you demand the compensation you need to pay your medical expenses, lost wages, and more. Call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.