Being in a truck accident can result in serious injury and be highly stressful for the victim. If you’ve been in a truck crash, there are a number of steps you can take to get your life back on track. You may be entitled to compensation for both your financial losses and your emotional distress.
Our top-rated personal injury attorneys at Reaves Law Firm, PLLC will review your case for free and show you the best options for getting the payout you deserve. Our Memphis truck accident lawyers will advocate for truck accident victims, and we are always ready to speak up for you when it comes to obtaining full compensation after a serious wreck.
How Are Truck Accidents Different?
- Trucks are much bigger in size and weight than other vehicles, resulting in even more serious accidents. It can leave victims in a more critical condition, which means receiving emergency treatment is critical.
- It can be much more difficult to determine the cause of a truck accident than it is to determine the cause of a car accident. Many factors, such as a higher risk of blind spots, slow stopping rates, complex mechanics, truck driver’s being tired, freight being improperly stores, and negligent employee management could all be factors in truck accidents.
- It’s difficult to figure out who should be at fault for the truck accident. There are several approaches to determining who is responsible for a truck accident. It may be the truck driver, parties responsible for loading freight, or those in charge of vehicle maintenance. In order to receive any compensation, it is critical and extremely important to carefully examine who should be held responsible for a truck accident.
- A truck accident is different from a typical car accident because there are higher standards and burdens that apply to truck drivers and their employers. Before being licensed to drive a large truck, truck drivers must complete rigorous training. They must also maintain high expectations in their day-to-day operations. When drivers and employers fail to meet these standards, it can be considered possible evidence of fault for the accident.
A Cordova truck accident attorney can evaluate the details of an event and give you more information.
Always Gather Evidence When Filing Truck Accident Claims
When it comes to truck accident lawsuits, having evidence after or even before the accident can be crucial. Fortunately, there are a variety of methods for gathering information that can be used in truck accident cases. Listed below are some examples of how to collect evidence after a truck accident so that our legal team can determine who is responsible and get you the money you deserve.
- Observations and documentation from the officers in charge of the investigation
- Photographs from the scene of the truck accident
- The truck driver’s statements
- Other witnesses’ statements at the scene
- Emergency responders’ observations
- Medical care providers’ documentation of injuries
- Expert medical opinion on the accident victim’s long-term prognosis
- The trucking company’s recruiting, training, and job activities records
- Driver’s disciplinary history or public motor vehicle records
- An accident reconstruction can be used to demonstrate how the collision occurred.
- Results of substance abuse testing and alcohol testing records
- Information from the truck’s black box
Following a truck crash, there might be records that you are unaware of that will assist you with your lawsuit. For example, any records indicating inadequate truck maintenance, failure to respond to DOT alerts, or employee records indicating the driver might have operated for an excessive amount of time without rest. Any of this documentation could aid your claim and make you eligible for compensation.
Our Cordova attorneys will begin working for you as soon as you file a truck wreck lawsuit. Even if you don’t have all of the details right away, you can always submit a claim.
Compensation for a Truck Wreck
If you’ve been in a truck crash, you should be entitled to compensation for any financial or other damages you’ve suffered as a result. The following are examples of such losses:
- Medical expenses as a result of the crash
- Any Future treatment cost
- All lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity for the future
- Surrounding property damage
- Every kind of pain and suffering
Every way that you are financially impacted as a result of the accident is an eligible form of compensation to us. Depending on the seriousness of the accident and the types of injuries you sustained, you could be titled to make a larger claim. Fortunately, Tennessee rules allow you to file a lawsuit for emotional distress and damages. Our Cordova truck accident attorneys are here to assist you in dealing with your losses and to fight for the money you deserve.
Common Semi-Truck Collision Causes
Following are different causes of commercial vehicle collisions:
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Improper merging or failing to signal
- Failing to stop at a traffic light or stop sign / failure to yield
- Driving under the influence
- Getting too little rest or fatigued driving
- Distracted driving like texting, talking on a radio, or talking on the phone
- Insecure load / heavy load
- Negligent hiring or management of drivers
- Failing to address mechanical problems
- Not taking precautions given weather or road conditions
- Aggressive driving
- Truck malfunction
A Cordova attorney can examine the details of an event to determine its cause and who should be held liable.
How to Protect Your Rights After a Crash
- Calling law enforcement after being involved in a truck crash is a crucial; they are qualified to investigate accident scenes and know how to assist in any situation.
- If you have any injury or a medical emergency, call 911 for help.
- If you’re able, take photos of the scene and any injuries you’ve sustained.
- Make every effort to obtain the names and contact details of all witnesses.
- Keep all of the documents and records you get from either party.
- Please contact one of our Memphis truck accident attorneys as soon as possible so that we can begin working on your case.
Let Our Cordova Truck Accident Attorneys Help
If you’ve been in a truck crash, please contact our attorneys at Reaves Law Firm, PLLC right away. Our experienced Cordova truck accident lawyers have the expertise and ability to advocate for truck accident victims’ rights. To schedule a no-cost, no-obligation appointment, call today.